Mechanical Engineering Department
Approved by AICTE, New Delhi, Govt. of India
and State Council for Technical Education (WBSCTE)
Govt. of West Bengal. In Mechanical Engineering
Department we prepare students in order to make them
suitable for Heavy Industries such as Iron and steel
sector, Automobile sector etc;
We teach Machine designs by audio-visual systems as per ISO - 9000 stipulations, industrial standards such as IS/BS/DIN etc, ASTM standards etc so that each student can feel himself familiar in the fields of operation, maintenance, design etc in today's industries as per individual attitudes & aptitudes. A few of the salient features of our Institution given below are the witnesses of our belief and commitment:
- State of the art infrastructures including modern workshops, Drawing Section with specialized CAD laboratories.
- Mechanical testing Laboratory having Universal Testing Machine, Hardness Testing Machine, Torsion Testing Machine etc.
- State-of-the-art Laboratories on Industrial Hydraulics, Fluid Mechanics etc.
- A dedicated team of qualified and eminent faculties & Lab professionals who have sufficient industrial exposure to guide our students to be familiar with industrial know-how.
- Excellent Library facilities attached with spacious reading room & equipped with LAN combined computers along with wide range of study materials in the form of books, magazines, specialized Journals & E-Books in proud association with British Council.
- A dedicated training & placement cell to provide "on the job" vocational industrial training during the tenure of the course and 100% placement assistance to our students at reputed companies in various sectors like Steel, Power, Consultancy, Automobile, Aviation, Indian Railway, Defence etc.
NBA ACCREDITATION STATUS: Not Applied For Accreditation by NBA
The medium of instruction and examination is ENGLISH.
Duration of this course is for 3 (Three) academic years.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
Madhyamik or Equivalent with 35% marks without additional for 3 Years Course. Along with 90 Marks in Math + Physics OR should have JEXPO Valid Rank.
** For Diploma courses 75% Students of approved Intake capacity will be admitted on the basis of Counseling through JEXPO Central selection committee and rest 25% by the Institute on the basis of merit & Personal Interviews and a valid JEXPO Rank
Documents Required at the time of Admission:
Attested copy of Age proof Certificate ( Admit Card).
Attested Mark Sheet of Madhyamik or its Equivalent examination.
Rank Card of JEXPO/VOCLET.
6 copies of recent colour passport size photo.
*** Hostel Facilities are available for Boys' and Girls' separately.
ABS Academy of Polytechnic comprises of faculty and staff who are experts in their respective domains and are also approachable and accessible to students. They will always be willing to go to THE EXTRA MILE to help and guide students.